• Create Account

Silly Question - Using Laptop on HDTV (Windows 7)

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
3 replies to this topic

#1 Glass_Knife   Moderators   -  Reputation: 3891

Posted 15 October 2013 - 10:39 AM

Does anyone know how to hookup a computer to an HDTV, but then actually be able to use it from across the room.  Currently, if I am trying to play some music, or watch youtube videos, all the icons and text are so tiny I can't see anything.  I have to get right up on it to read the text.  But I don't want to set the computer to a silly resolution, because then it looks too small.

Edited by Glass_Knife, 15 October 2013 - 10:40 AM.
grammer

I think, therefore I am. I think? - "George Carlin"
Indie Game Programming

Sponsor:

#2 Buster2000   Members   -  Reputation: 1585

Posted 16 October 2013 - 05:20 AM

Cant youleave it at the same resolution but change the icon and text sizes in the accesability options (or desktop theme).  Its been a long tome since I used a windows PC but I'm sure you could.

#3 Glass_Knife   Moderators   -  Reputation: 3891

Posted 16 October 2013 - 07:51 AM

I did try that, but some of the software I was trying to use didn't adhere to those changes.  I thought since this also seems to happen in meetings when someone puts the computer on the screen up front but you can't see anything, that there might be a solution I didn't know about.

I think, therefore I am. I think? - "George Carlin"
Indie Game Programming

#4 ChaosEngine   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 2248

Posted 16 October 2013 - 08:24 PM

I think it's a general problem with Windows where a lot of 3rd party programs simply assume 96dpi and ignore any changes to that setting. There have certainly been issues with some of the newer win8 machines that have higher dpi screens.

Apple seemed to have forced the issue for their devs with "retina" devices and laptops.
if you think programming is like sex, you probably haven't done much of either.-------------- - capn_midnight

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS