• Create Account

Anybody left from the 2003 crowd?

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
88 replies to this topic

#1 Xtremehobo   Members   -  Reputation: 820

Posted 20 October 2013 - 01:39 AM

I hope this isn't too OT. Just curious. Anybody remember what that secret MUD was? Does Dave still own this site?

It started with a T... Tarbetha? Tibeta? I must know!

pixelwrench.com | @pixelwrench[nospam]com"]email lethalhamster: gamedev keeps taking my money, but im too lazy to not let them

Sponsor:

#2 jbadams   Senior Staff   -  Reputation: 17681

Posted 20 October 2013 - 01:54 AM

Dave is still an owner of the site, but isn't very active with the site any more.

Boolean (who wrote/drew the comics) has just returned with a new completed game and marketing experiment, there are various others still around, and a lot of other regular members from around those times are now moderators.

#3 Hodgman   Moderators   -  Reputation: 28500

Posted 20 October 2013 - 02:29 AM

I found TA by drunk accident some time in 2010, but didn't keep up appearances there. It might still be around.
I mean, TA doesn't exist, silly poppet.

#4 Ilici   Members   -  Reputation: 862

Posted 20 October 2013 - 03:09 AM

I remember getting banned once, end of 2003, for a post in one of the random threads in the lounge taunting Dave. I felt like such a bad boy.

#5 Yudhisthira   Members   -  Reputation: 121

Posted 20 October 2013 - 03:26 AM

There was a fashion for a signature that lots of people used to have back then, anyone remember what they looked like ?

Someone made everyone wait for a mexican wrestler, and some poppet stole people's usernames and passwords

Edited by Yudhisthira, 20 October 2013 - 04:39 AM.

#6 jbadams   Senior Staff   -  Reputation: 17681

Posted 20 October 2013 - 04:30 AM

Do you mean the "resist ..." icons?

#7 Yudhisthira   Members   -  Reputation: 121

Posted 20 October 2013 - 04:38 AM

resist [username]. Yeah I think that was it :-)

Oh and the green blob ATI advert!

Edited by Yudhisthira, 20 October 2013 - 04:39 AM.

#8 eedok   GDNet+   -  Reputation: 971

Posted 20 October 2013 - 08:52 AM

Wow didn't realize that was 10 years ago until this thread

#9 Tok   Members   -  Reputation: 262

Posted 20 October 2013 - 10:33 AM

Yeah, it's been awhile. :)  (<-- joined in 2001)

--------------------------~The Feature Creep of the Family~

#10 Alpha_ProgDes   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 4688

Posted 20 October 2013 - 11:54 AM

I've been here for quite awhile as well.

Beginner in Game Development? Read here.

Super Mario Bros clone tutorial written in XNA 4.0 [MonoGame, ANX, and MonoXNA] by Scott Haley

If you have found any of the posts helpful, please show your appreciation by clicking the up arrow on those posts Posted Image

Spoiler

#11 tstrimple   Prime Members   -  Reputation: 1718

Posted 20 October 2013 - 12:31 PM

Suddenly I feel old.

#12 Promit   Moderators   -  Reputation: 6331

Posted 20 October 2013 - 12:33 PM

ru2LkUw.png

Those usernames...

Edited by Promit, 20 October 2013 - 12:33 PM.

#13 Alpha_ProgDes   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 4688

Posted 20 October 2013 - 12:36 PM

Promit, you should remember this. What was the name of that guy who constantly posted in the Game Design section? His score was so low, that even after everyone voted him up his rating was still in the negatives.

Beginner in Game Development? Read here.

Super Mario Bros clone tutorial written in XNA 4.0 [MonoGame, ANX, and MonoXNA] by Scott Haley

If you have found any of the posts helpful, please show your appreciation by clicking the up arrow on those posts Posted Image

Spoiler

#14 Oberon_Command   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 1813

Posted 20 October 2013 - 01:09 PM

Wasn't that vipejc?

#15 ChaosEngine   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 2219

Posted 20 October 2013 - 02:25 PM

Promit, you should remember this. What was the name of that guy who constantly posted in the Game Design section? His score was so low, that even after everyone voted him up his rating was still in the negatives.

Was that the guy who was going to make "EVE Online, but better"?

if you think programming is like sex, you probably haven't done much of either.-------------- - capn_midnight

#16 MrEvil   Members   -  Reputation: 970

Posted 20 October 2013 - 02:25 PM

I haven't been here in ages!

#17 ApochPiQ   Moderators   -  Reputation: 14623

Posted 20 October 2013 - 02:32 PM

Goddamnit I'm old.

#18 wack   Members   -  Reputation: 1256

Posted 20 October 2013 - 03:00 PM

Had a user here since 1999-ish, forgot the password (the e-mail provider it was registered with had died at that point) and posted for a few years as "Anonymous poster" instead.

When that possibility was restricted, I got this instead.

#19 sunandshadow   Moderators   -  Reputation: 4670

Posted 20 October 2013 - 03:16 PM

I've been an active member since then. :)  And the T- thing was Tiberia IIRC.

Phone game idea available free to someone who will develop it (Alphadoku game - the only existing phone game of this type is both for windows phone only and awful. PM for details.)

I want to help design a "sandpark" MMO. Optional interactive story with quests and deeply characterized NPCs, plus sandbox elements like player-craftable housing and lots of other crafting. If you are starting a design of this type, please PM me. I also love pet-breeding games.

#20 jbadams   Senior Staff   -  Reputation: 17681

Posted 20 October 2013 - 05:33 PM

Wasn't that vipejc?

His score was ALSO amazingly bad, but I have a feeling the user in question was something like "warsong"? I don't remember anyone making am effort to try to save vipejc's rep, as it was obviously his own fault and he just kept stirring more trouble, but poor warsong (or whatever it was) seemed to at least have good intentions but made mostly unintelligible posts.

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS