I look for advice how to market it or some comments and generally things I overlooked/planned badly.
The game is a nostalgia retro RPG (targeted primarily to those who played these in 90s). For desktop only (Windows/Mac/Linux).
Topic on the GameDesign subboard:
My plan/questions so far:
- I found 2 RPG forums that have people interested in the kind of game I'm making (RPGWatch and Codex; if you know any other please post), I will get topics there
- I can put adverts on one "adandonware" (actually it has no downloads so I don't know how to call it, anyway it's related in terms of "age" but not necessarily on "genre" ) website
- I plan an IndieGoGo campain soon (no, I can't use Kickstarter and yes, I know I will get much less from it)
- Then I will try Desura and GOG (and of course if heavens grace me with luck, the Steam )
- I'm not sure about Facebook... I'm not very literate on how to use it and have doubts if it's worth the hassle
- Some Redit posts would be nice I guess.
- I have no idea on pricing yet...
I hope to get a playable version in 2 months and release something by the end of this year. Althrough, a fully finished and polished version will take longer.
A few words about me, since some might be relevant. I have been indie for 7 years now, althrough I was doing browser games, it will be my first downloadable game (if we exclude free games and unfinished ones). I hope to get this one released soon or I will need to start eating grass (and it's hard to get grass during Winter )