• Create Account

C# & Java game engines

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
2 replies to this topic

#1 masterCameron101   Members   -  Reputation: 273

0Likes

Posted 21 October 2013 - 10:06 AM

I would like to learn C# and Java to make game engines with some friends, where would I start?

Sponsor:

#2 Serapth   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 5180

1Likes

Posted 21 October 2013 - 10:36 AM

Read me.

Frankly, the best advice I can give is don't be lazy.  It's going to require a lot of patience and hard work.  If you haven't got that, save yourself time and give up now.

Otherwise its about starting small, finishing the project, then doing it all over again with a slightly more complicated project.  If you are struggling to figure out what projects to work on, start here.

You can't skip the learning curve, don't bother trying.

#3 Code_Grammer   Members   -  Reputation: 214

1Likes

Posted 21 October 2013 - 11:55 AM

Read me.

Frankly, the best advice I can give is don't be lazy.  It's going to require a lot of patience and hard work.  If you haven't got that, save yourself time and give up now.

Otherwise its about starting small, finishing the project, then doing it all over again with a slightly more complicated project.  If you are struggling to figure out what projects to work on, start here.

You can't skip the learning curve, don't bother trying.

What he said, there's also the matter of 3d content to consider as well. Once you can program, what kind of assets are you going to use?   For C# There's unity, and for java there is also JMonkeyEngine, which has windows and android bindings. 

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS