Lastest Video Released: 10/30/2013
I'm currently in the process of writing a tutorial series that will be completely beginner friendly while not dragging out and feeling like a boring school class. The goal in this tutorial series is to get your familiarized with the 3rd-party software SmartFoxServer which is a Stand-Alone Multiplayer Server written in Java. This will be used instead of Unity3D's standard networking for performance purposes.
By the end of this tutorial series you should have a fully functional Online 3D RPG that will have the following features:
- Registration and Login System
- Player Chat System
- Player Inventory
- Player Synching. (So everybody sees the same thing)
- Basic "Tab-Target" based combat (Similar to WoW)
- Character Statistics.
- Health - Health, What more can I say?
- Stamina - Stamina, Influences the amount of health a player has.
- Strength - Strength, Increases the amount of damage done by a player in combat.
- Agility - Agility, Increases a players chance to dodge an ability.
If there's anything else that you would like added to the tutorial series, please let me know, I'm here for you.
If you find this series informative or if it has helped you in any way, please make sure to give the video a thumbs up so more people can see it, and subscribe so you can receive updates when a new tutorial is released!
PlayList Link: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLf3HExmaARYY-5HQXEc6sJoNpgmlWFo0N
If you have any suggestions on how I could make the videos better, please let me know
Edited by CTucker1327, 30 October 2013 - 09:12 PM.