I have created a game idea over the coarse of the last year, story, some concept art, some physics of the game, and ideas. I started attending a community college to get a degree in programming. I am focusing on C# for windows platforms, I have access to Photoshop CS2, Visual Studio 2012 Ultimate and pretty much any MS product for programming through my school Dreamspark program. My questions are pretty simple:
1. What are some books to get into for game design with C#? I've found like 100 on Amazon and I am trying to narrow it down.
2. I am looking to make a 2D SRPG(Think Shining Force), any good engine choices?
3. If not how hard is it to make an engine?
4. I would eventually like to port my game to Xbox 360/One, and PS3/PS4 will C# allow me to do this?
5. What is some good software for music and sound that is free or cheap so I can play with and learn?
6. In school I have to learn a scripting language, I chose ASP.NET, will this benefit me in any way with game design?
7. I have phenominal art skills with physical mediums, how hard is it to convert to digital? Worth getting a decent Wacom Tablet?
There was like 100 more questions racing through my head before I hit new post. If I think of them I will update this post, thanks for advice in advance it is much appreciated.