• Create Account

Shock wave effect

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
2 replies to this topic

#1 football94   Members   -  Reputation: 194

0Likes

Posted 30 October 2013 - 07:34 PM

HI guys

Ive been getting into learning different particle effects and so far Ive implemented an explosion effect

and a smoke trail effect into my project but I havent been able to find any samples on how to create

a shockwave effect where according to the link below, the sprite should grow quickly from the center and fade out.

if anyone can point me in the right direction as to how this is done it would be much appreciated

Thankyou

the links below provide a visual of what Im working towards

http://www.gamedev.net/page/resources/_/creative/visual-arts/make-a-particle-explosion-effect-r2701

Sponsor:

#2 ankhd   Members   -  Reputation: 1070

0Likes

Posted 31 October 2013 - 04:17 AM

make  semi circles that start of small and grow lager over time and faded.

fire your particles in a arc in 4 directions up, right , down, left.

Equation of a Circle

#3 Madhed   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 2449

0Likes

Posted 31 October 2013 - 05:46 AM

I would just use a circle texture for the shockwave that expands quikcly and fades out. Take a look at this video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xt-hPuKeTfI

Edit:

How are you dealing with particles at the moment? Are they all viewport aligned?

For those shockwaves you'd want some world aligned billboards.

Edited by Madhed, 31 October 2013 - 06:00 AM.

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS