• Create Account

Where Can Indies Demo Their Games to the Public?

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
No replies to this topic

#1 Shaquil   Members   -  Reputation: 819

0Likes

Posted 01 November 2013 - 01:07 AM

I live in the New York area, and I've been working on a game that I'd like to either demo for people (show it off, show a little gameplay) or let people demo themselves (basically mini playtesting). I want to see how people respond to the idea, and hopefully get some attention.

I've noted that there are some clubs on meetup.com that are pretty big in New York (So many members they have to sell limited tickets to meetings). The clubs usually have a policy for letting local startups present their product ideas. I could potentially talk my way in. Are there any other more typical places I'm skipping over, though? I know there are events like PAX EAST next year, and other gaming conventions (probably no more this year, right?) but those are a last resort, since they typically cost hundreds to secure a spot in, and take place everywhere but New York.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Sponsor:

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS