• Create Account

Why in this X file vertices are moving despite bones are not moving?

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
4 replies to this topic

#1 anders211   Members   -  Reputation: 184

0Likes

Posted 03 November 2013 - 02:41 PM

Hi

I am searching someone who knows structures of x files and is familiar with skinned animations in directx. I am familiar too quite well (I even wrote directx exporter to x file for blender), however I have the problem which I completely don't understand. I have mesh and move only one bone. And in blender everything is OK. After export to .X file in directX viewer I see that vertices which doesn't belong to the bone are moved too and part of bone vertices are not moving. The animated bone is the last in hierarchy and moreover after x file inspection I don't see any issue. 

I am uploading x file.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/310r5q

If someone might do the inspection of this file as well I would be grateful. Mesh has only 51 vertices (originally I have problem with Human mesh which has 10,000 vertices, however I managed to reduce the mesh for which the problem is reproducible to 51 vertices). I am really desperated because I dedicated about 30 hours in the last two days to solve the issue and I am completely lack of idea.

Here I uploaded my x file after triangularized in blender and optimized version:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/c5p6n8

I don't know what to do because this issue is blocker point. Really it doesn't make sense that vertex doesn't belong to animated bone (its weight from this bone is 0) and bone is at the end of hierarchy and this vertex is moved in animation. This is mysterious. I don't even know where to search for the help.

Edited by anders211, 03 November 2013 - 03:36 PM.

Sponsor:

#2 ankhd   Members   -  Reputation: 1169

0Likes

Posted 03 November 2013 - 08:22 PM

Hi. Some . X file don't work in mesh viewer. Like when exported with panda soft and some with kw xporter. See if your x file loads in assimp viewer.

#3 anders211   Members   -  Reputation: 184

0Likes

Posted 04 November 2013 - 11:53 AM

OK thanks for hint. In assimp viewer exerything works perfectly according to the theory. However in DirectX viewer and my directx application not. I downloaded the code of assimp viewer and it doesn't use D3DXAnimationController, D3DXLoadMeshHierarchyFromX and any like this, just it use its own mechanism. So probably in default directx library there are some limitations. I have to find those limitations and apply my mesh to be working in directx viewer,:(

Edited by anders211, 04 November 2013 - 01:37 PM.

#4 anders211   Members   -  Reputation: 184

0Likes

Posted 04 November 2013 - 02:35 PM

I finally found the rootcause. The rootcause is vertex/pixel/effect shader used in directx viewer and my application. When I turned on software skinning in my App then the problem dissapeared and my mesh is moving exactly the same way as in blender! Based on that I suppose that the same is in directx viewer. So at least I know that all x file data are correct and now I need to analyze my shaders (the problem is that those shaders worked in the past at some other models and they are made based on many tutorials), so probably it won't be trivial to correct them in OK way but this is another problem which I have even not began to start investigating.:)

#5 ankhd   Members   -  Reputation: 1169

0Likes

Posted 04 November 2013 - 08:14 PM

Try looking at where you sum all the weights for the bones. Or vertices that don't have a wieght assigned to them.

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS