• Create Account

Modelling problem.

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
No replies to this topic

#1 lukkio   Members   -  Reputation: 125

0Likes

Posted 04 November 2013 - 05:21 AM

Hello guys, i would like to submit a "physical modelling problem" which i'm facing.

Suppose you have the following configuration space:

$$C = \left\{ q \in \mathbb{R} | -\frac{l}{2} \leq q \leq \frac{l}{2} \right\}$$

These DOG (Degree Of Freedom) describe the position of a material point inside a rod of length $$l$$.

My problem is to make a newtonian model which describes immediate cancelletation of the velocity when the material point reaches the extremal point of the set.

Namely from a maths point of view, because then i want to derive a differential equation to solve, for obtain the trajectory of the material point.

From a side have the idea of use the distribution theory, but from the other side i think is a complicated way to model such situation.

Can you help me in model such system?

Sponsor:

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS