• Create Account

Interested in a FREE copy of HTML5 game maker Construct 2?

We'll be giving away three Personal Edition licences in next Tuesday's GDNet Direct email newsletter!

Sign up from the right-hand sidebar on our homepage and read Tuesday's newsletter for details!

We're also offering banner ads on our site from just $5! 1. Details HERE. 2. GDNet+ Subscriptions HERE. 3. Ad upload HERE.

Implementing a vehicle system with seats that can be occupied by players

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
1 reply to this topic

#1 Ergawy   Members   -  Reputation: 184

1Likes

Posted 04 November 2013 - 08:58 AM

Hi,

I am working on a vehicle system that should support some properties and I am looking for books, articles, open source projects, or any other kind of resource that can be helpful in implementing these properties.

1 - A vehicle can a number of seats.

2 - Each seat has its own functionality. Imagine a spaceship with one seat for steering and the other for controlling the turret.

3 - Each one of these seats can be occupied by a player (we are working on a multi-player game). The players will be the team that controls this vehicle.

Of course, I don't want to find an exact implementation that meets my needs or something. I just want to know if there exists any resources that I can read in order to gain more knowledge on how to implement such vehicle systems.

Sponsor:

#2 Eck   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 3094

2Likes

Posted 05 November 2013 - 08:45 AM

A quick google lead me to this Unreal Engine vehicle system document. It looks very well thought out, so you could dig through it and see what properties and functions they expose for driver and gunner positions. They also offer strategies on client/server synchronization of physics simulations and how to debug them. It might be worth a read.

http://udn.epicgames.com/Three/VehiclesTechnicalGuide.html

Google Search: game programming vehicle systems

- Eck

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS