• Create Account

How to setup a project template for freeglut in VS2010?

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
1 reply to this topic

#1 Prot   Members   -  Reputation: 330

0Likes

Posted 06 November 2013 - 10:25 AM

Hi,

as described in the freeglut readme I copied the include and lib folders to CommonFiles->MSVC. Now every time I create a project I have to define additional dependencies for compiler and linker. Btw, the readme doesn't say anything about the fact that you have also to set the linker to not icncremental. I also have to add other header files to every new project.

This is annoying because as a beginner I am creating new projects all the time. So how to setup a template for a project? I am using Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Express. My projects are created as empty Win32-Console applications.

Greets

EDIT: This whole OpenGL thing also takes a number of predefined methods (RenderScene(),Reshape()...). Maybe one could add them to such a template too.

Edited by Prot, 06 November 2013 - 10:30 AM.

Sponsor:

#2 Dave Hunt   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 2417

0Likes

Posted 06 November 2013 - 10:32 AM

There should be an Export option on your File menu. If not, go to Tools->Customize and add it.

All you need to do is set up your project the way you want it and then Export as a project template.

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS