• Create Account

How to organize graphic engine architecture?

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
3 replies to this topic

#1 graveman   Members   -  Reputation: 110

0Likes

Posted 07 November 2013 - 12:27 AM

Hello to everyone. I am going to write the graphic engine for FPS. So-and-so I begun it partly. In march of 2013 I begun to study a math and a functional analysis for to understand based on a spherical harmonics global lighting effect. Now I am on a diff expressions studying stage. In end of November I plan to get for a Legendre polinomials and to code the global illumination shader. The engine will be free under LGPL license.

So, I have some questions.

1) What the base effects need else except for Global illumination?

2) How to organize a connection between the engine.dll and  game.exe better. I see so:

there are some structs as "RenderSystem", "Scene". And there are the  functions like "somefunction (RenderSystem& rs,...)" in the dll?

Edited by graveman, 07 November 2013 - 12:30 AM.

Sponsor:

#2 Krohm   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 3109

0Likes

Posted 07 November 2013 - 01:28 AM

Global illumination is really a high-end feature right now. With the advent of digital distribution and widespread indie games successes, I would be very careful in taking for granted GI is a requirement at all. You're making a lot of assumptions in your post and you seem to be very theory-oriented. You will have surprises.

BTW get the rid of the runtime linking madness. For a start, you want to keep it simple.

#3 graveman   Members   -  Reputation: 110

0Likes

Posted 07 November 2013 - 01:55 AM

BTW get the rid of the runtime linking madness.
what you mean? Is it need to put render system classes themselves into the dll?

#4 Krohm   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 3109

2Likes

Posted 07 November 2013 - 02:05 AM

There's no such .dll thing. Just compile it in a single exe and be done with it.

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS