• Create Account

[Unity] -- Need help with model import rotation...

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
2 replies to this topic

#1 Aspirer   Members   -  Reputation: 544

0Likes

Posted 08 November 2013 - 05:08 PM

(Not sure if this should be here or in the beginner forum, so I'm posting in both)

Okay, I've got my zombie model.  Using Blender, I've rigged w/ a simple walking animation, and export to the correct *.FBX format for Unity. I import the model, scale down to size, the animation imports, and it appears to work right, until I try to put it in my scene...  Here are my errors:

1) If I drag the model from the asset manager into the scene, it rotates the model 270* to give it the correct orientation, and this is nice.  But, when I go to apply the mesh collider component, the mesh collider doesn't correct itself.  (IMAGE 1)  There is no way to rotate just the component

2) If instead of the model, I apply the collider asset to the armature itself, it's hovered above the model. (IMAGE 2)

3) The only other way, if I create an empty GameObject, add the model and everything to it, then apply the collider to the armature or the game object, the collider is rotate. (IMAGE 3)

Attached Thumbnails

• Image 1.JPG
  • Image 2.JPG
  • Image 3.JPG

Sponsor:

#2 Aspirer   Members   -  Reputation: 544

0Likes

Posted 08 November 2013 - 05:49 PM

http://www.filedropper.com/zombie_1

Here's the model, textures, material and animation controller.  Animation's not really impressive, but I'm teaching myself to rig and animate, and it's my first attempt, so I'm content with it for now.

#3 Carducci   Members   -  Reputation: 172

1Likes

Posted 09 November 2013 - 01:24 PM

If I remember correctly there were some using exporting .FBX from blender. It has to do with different coordinate systems used by blender and unity. This link maybe of some help.

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS