• Create Account

youtube videos

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
8 replies to this topic

#1 Hawkblood   Members   -  Reputation: 723

Posted 11 November 2013 - 08:04 PM

How do you embed a YouTube video in a post? I can give the link, but I can't get the video to be viewed on the post itself.....

Sponsor:

#2 ApochPiQ   Moderators   -  Reputation: 15084

Posted 11 November 2013 - 09:02 PM

Please don't.

#3 Cornstalks   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 6974

Posted 11 November 2013 - 09:52 PM

The [media] tag used to be used for this, but looking through some past posts it looks like this feature might've been disabled. Any higher-ups who can comment?
[ I was ninja'd 71 times before I stopped counting a long time ago ] [ f.k.a. MikeTacular ] [ My Blog ] [ SWFer: Gaplessly looped MP3s in your Flash games ]

#4 Hodgman   Moderators   -  Reputation: 29497

Posted 11 November 2013 - 09:54 PM

Yeah it works.

#5 TheComet   Members   -  Reputation: 1494

Posted 12 November 2013 - 06:47 AM

May as well give it a try while I have the chance.

YOUR_OPINION >/dev/null

#6 skarab   Members   -  Reputation: 453

Posted 12 November 2013 - 08:12 AM

#7 Hawkblood   Members   -  Reputation: 723

Posted 12 November 2013 - 12:42 PM

Thanks guys. Each forum has its own way of "embedding" and I had a hard time finding any info through searches.....

#8 frob   Moderators   -  Reputation: 20302

Posted 12 November 2013 - 02:42 PM

Thanks guys. Each forum has its own way of "embedding" and I had a hard time finding any info through searches.....

Personally agree with ApochPiQ on that.  "Please don't".

Just because you CAN do something doesn't mean you SHOULD do it.

It might be a good time to re-read the GameDev.net Posting Guidelines. Those guidelines include that the discussion should be relevant, that you shall not spam, that you will be held accountable for your posts, etc. Also somewhat relevant: "Customer warrants to Provider that Customer has all necessary rights to store, reproduce, license access to, and otherwise use the data contained in each of the Customer posted content ... We advise registered users to properly attribute any work to the individual or company that owns rights to the work.".

Sometimes a video is a great way to communicate details about game development.  If you are asking about specific visual effects or graphics then videos could be relevant to the discussion. Just posting classic rickrolls and what the fox says, not so much. dry.png
Check out my personal indie blog at bryanwagstaff.com.

#9 frob   Moderators   -  Reputation: 20302

Posted 12 November 2013 - 04:46 PM

Interesting that a few hours after this post I just cleaned up FOUR youtube video spams. Some moved to your announcements, others deleted.

Again just because you CAN do something doesn't mean you SHOULD do it.

Check out my personal indie blog at bryanwagstaff.com.

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS