• Create Account

Making a contract about the rights on a BoardGame

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
1 reply to this topic

#1 RudolfVonKrugstein   Members   -  Reputation: 213

0Likes

Posted 15 November 2013 - 02:14 AM

Hey,

I am in the situation that I have to setup a contract giving me the rights to implement a certain board game.

I have little experience with setting up contracts and I am wondering if someone can give me some insights.

* What are points in the contract that I should not forget (and that an inexperienced person might not think of)?

* Anyone knows where to find or has a contract that I could use for orientation?

Thanks!

Nathan

Sponsor:

#2 Tom Sloper   Moderators   -  Reputation: 10178

0Likes

Posted 15 November 2013 - 08:30 AM

a contract giving me the rights to implement a certain board game.

That's called a Licensing Agreement. And you would be referred to as the Licensee. If you don't know how to write a licensing agreement, then you should have the other party (the licensor) write it. If the licensor also doesn't know how to write it, then you need an attorney to write it. There is a list of attorneys in this forum's FAQs.
-- Tom Sloper
Sloperama Productions
Making games fun and getting them done.
www.sloperama.com

Please do not PM me. My email address is easy to find, but note that I do not give private advice.

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS