• Create Account

Interested in a FREE copy of HTML5 game maker Construct 2?

We'll be giving away three Personal Edition licences in next Tuesday's GDNet Direct email newsletter!

Sign up from the right-hand sidebar on our homepage and read Tuesday's newsletter for details!

We're also offering banner ads on our site from just $5! 1. Details HERE. 2. GDNet+ Subscriptions HERE. 3. Ad upload HERE.

Indie Engine project needs help

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
No replies to this topic

#1 Kalaeido   Members   -  Reputation: 105

Posted 16 November 2013 - 08:15 AM

Moin,

I dreamed a lot of games from the beginning where I first saw the first game in my life, I think this was 1996, until start of my studies in 2005. In these point I started to first try learning about the heart of a game its core code by doing my first opengl tutorials on nehe. Later these tutorial codes became my first code library on the way to my learning by doing engine.

In my years as game developer I worked with sevral systems from unity 3D over OpenTK and Ogre up to Unreal. There was always something missing on these systems or some of them like unity I think are big slow monsters when coding short little games having too much stuff I dont use and Ogre itselfe is till old fashioned in my opinion.

So I thought of takin my code and creating an own free to use indie engine that will be a niche solution between the total unwatched free stuff and the professional stuf with heigh license cost, adoptable to any field of use by providing full documented source code and a partial architecture so anybody could take use and replace modules to have best produkt to its own use.

Im working on it part time since one year (3 months of total time) and reached version 4 of my totally reworked code and this is the problem in working part time so this would be an offer to all developers out there sharing these enthusiasm to games with a little time to get in my project.

The system is written in C++ as its core language and based on the opengl api at PC and Mac systems.
The project is posted on sourceforge so any interested people may send me a message.

What it would be different to other systems will be seen on release because there could be so many things happen up to there.

I would be pleased to hear from you if you are an interested person with some C++ knowledge on top of the basics with at least up to two hours per week to get in the project and willing to do some passioned work. A long time partnership up to release would be desirable.

I can not offer any payment yet but would spend an ammount of any revenues to all developers taking there time and helpful work into the project for at least 3 months.

greetings kalaeido

Its not the knwoledge, it is the idea of how to use the knwoledge that distinguishes people

Sponsor:

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS