1. Cinesamples Brass. I use it everywhere, it’s really a great product, with such a nice sound. Especially I like that you even got 2 French Horns as legato and staccato for free with the update.
2. Everything by Sample Modelling. The Instruments sound absolutely amazing. I even think sample modelling is pretty much the future.
3. Hollywood Strings has imho an even better sound than LASS. It’s a hell to program, but once that is done, it’s cool. PS: The harddrive sucks, I’m not able to get any speed outta it, even on USB 3.0, so I had to copy everything to my internal HDD.
4. I have a love/hate relationship to the IRCAM Solo Instruments. While I love the new techniques (pressured, sul ponticello, sul tasto, ect.), I absolutly hate UVI Workstation and the very old programming. You can’t use it for any more than the effects, but that’s ok. There are so much of them, if you are to avantgarde techniques.
5. Adagietto seems to be nice, but that’s just telling from the demos. All Spitfire Stuff is also pretty nice, but I can’t give any first hand experience about that.
Because it was mentioned here, a short note. While the Friedlander Violin is kinda cool, it was a little disappointment for me. I’m not really able to write fast passages with it, and there always seems to be an delay of some sort. Maybe that’s just programming; I can’t tell. But I kinda now reget blindly buying it.