• Create Account

New soundtrack. Feedback appreciated

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
5 replies to this topic

#1 Bluefarmer   Members   -  Reputation: 180

0Likes

Posted 23 November 2013 - 02:47 PM

Hi, 

I just finished this large scale orchestral piece and would appreciate to hear what you think of it. 

It could be used during the final battle or set piece of a game or movie. 

https://soundcloud.com/robertblaauboer/ruin-and-preservation

Thanks 

Sponsor:

#2 JackMusic   Members   -  Reputation: 315

1Likes

Posted 26 November 2013 - 10:49 AM

The variety of textures is really nice and the inner parts add a sense of fullness to the sound. At the moment I can hear a lot of ideas but also a lot of repetition of that first basic idea. Instead of coming up with loads of things that fit with that first idea, I think you should try to develop that melody into something with more shape, The simplest thing you could do is move the motif up and down the scale to find a nice answering phrase. Then come back to it and start thinking about extra accompaniment parts. Also the ending needs something more satisfying, maybe a held low note from the bass trombones or something similar.

#3 RandomStyle MultiCompany   Members   -  Reputation: 105

0Likes

Posted 17 December 2013 - 01:32 PM

it sounds prity good!

Multi use company always searching for young talents!

For joining us contact throught : Randomstylerecords@hotmail.nl (also our game dev company)

SOUNDCLOUD

YOUTUBE

WEBSITE (in progress)

#4 Bluefarmer   Members   -  Reputation: 180

0Likes

Posted 18 December 2013 - 03:21 AM

Thanks for the feedback. Yeah, I agree with you on the repetition. I might rework this piece a bit or use your feedback on next pieces. 

#5 foxcode   Members   -  Reputation: 232

0Likes

Posted 28 December 2013 - 11:30 AM

That sounds awesome, would it be too much to ask what software you used to produce this?

#6 Jonah-B   Members   -  Reputation: 169

0Likes

Posted 04 January 2014 - 02:41 PM

I mixing is top quality! I'm interested to know what sample set(s) were involved here. I've primarily been using EWQL Silver and it's saturated with a bunch of hall reverb that you can't shut off or turn down so it's hard to get this kind of clarity. They're great samples other than that, but I don't always want that much reverb so I may be shopping for some new stuff soon.

Structurally I would agree about the repetition. Jack Music made some very good points about it that I can agree with. Otherwise, GREAT track.

JB-Audio: Quality sound design for your video games and films

Check out my latest project! Specter, an original soundtrack

http://jonahsmusic.leadhoster.com/index.php?sel=01Game%20Soundtracks/Specter#content

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS