• Create Account

Visual Studio 11 GLFW external symbol error

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
2 replies to this topic

#1 ~Helgon   Members   -  Reputation: 357

0Likes

Posted 26 November 2013 - 05:07 PM

Hey, I have follow problem.

I wanted to start using OpenGL with GLFW but when I try to run the example I get following errors:

Code: http://www.glfw.org/documentation.html

Error: 

1>------ Build started: Project: Test, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------
1>  main.cpp
1>main.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _glfwInit referenced in function _main
1>main.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _glfwTerminate referenced in function _main
1>main.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _glfwCreateWindow referenced in function _main
1>main.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _glfwWindowShouldClose referenced in function _main
1>main.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _glfwPollEvents referenced in function _main
1>main.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _glfwMakeContextCurrent referenced in function _main
1>main.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _glfwSwapBuffers referenced in function _main
1>C:\Users\MICHAEL\documents\visual studio 2012\Projects\Test\Debug\Test.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 7 unresolved externals
========== Build: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========

I've set the 'VC++ Directories include' to my include directory of the downloaded binaries

and the 'Library Directories' to the lib-msvc110 directory which contains glfw3.dll, glfw3.lib and glfw3dll.lib

and I set the 'Linker -> Input' additional dependencies to glfw3.lib and glfw3dll.lib

but I still get this error. 

I googled it but I didn't found a solution. Does someone has a clue what I have to do?

Regards Helgon

from time to time i find time

Sponsor:

#2 3TATUK2   Members   -  Reputation: 730

2Likes

Posted 26 November 2013 - 08:18 PM

make sure your GLFW and VS targets match (32bit+32bit or 64bit+64bit)

#3 ~Helgon   Members   -  Reputation: 357

0Likes

Posted 27 November 2013 - 01:29 AM

Thanks, thanks thanks.

Using the 32-bit binaries with target-platform 32-bit  and using 

glfw3.lib
opengl32.lib

as additional dependencies it works!

Great! Thanks

from time to time i find time

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS