I'm looking for a C++ 3D game engine/framework which is either free or cheap for indie developer, available for commercial use.
Those are the features I need
- Free or cheap for indie developer and available for commercial use
- Written in C++ (preferably C++11 - not mandatory)
- Cross platform: Windows, Linux and Mac. Consoles/smartphones are not mandatory.
- OpenGL 3.x+
- Graphics Subsystem with Scene graph, animation, particles, font, sprites
- Sound subsystem (either in the framework it self, or ability to attach 3d party API like OpenAL)
- Physics Subsystem (either in the framework it self, or ability to attach 3d party framework like Bullet/ODE)
- GUI subsystem (either in the framework it self, or ability to attach 3d party framework like CEGUI)
- Input subsystem with support for keyboard, mouse and gamepad
- Tools to create content OR ability to use Blender as content creation tool
- Preferably and not mandatory - Entity subsystem using Component based design.
A big list I got there.. Hope such beast exists.
[Edit] I know there is Unity3D, but for me it looks like a tool where you create content, put it all together, write few scripts and you got a game. While I do want to make games, I also get great satisfaction from Programming.
[Edit2] Its not mandatory that this will be one library. This could be a set of libraries that work together with each other. I'm ready to implement the glue code and missing functionality.
[Edit3] I got a suggestion about this http://mosra.cz/blog/magnum-features.php It have support for modern OpenGL, OpenAL and Bullet physics. I assume its possible to attach GUI, scripting and Entity system of my own to it.
Thank you in advance!
Edited by skwee, 03 December 2013 - 06:08 AM.