• Create Account

Sewer scene, work in progress (with screenshots)

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
3 replies to this topic

#1 cozzie   Members   -  Reputation: 1078

4Likes

Posted 06 December 2013 - 04:33 PM

Hi all,

Just wanted to show an update on a 3d scene I'm working one using my own 3d engine, using 'just' D3D9 and a lot of hours of coding smile.png

Modelling is getting more and more fun if it's working out, for a starter that is... (everything but the weapon created in 3ds max).

Hope you like.

Next steps are;

- finish the level

- add fog to my shader(s)

- basic collisions

- music & audio effects

- first steps on 'shooting rays'/ collisions on impact

Suggestions always welcome.

sewerscene1.jpg

sewerscene2.jpg

sewerscene3.jpg

sewerscene4.jpg

sewerscene5.jpg

sewerscene6.jpg

Edited by cozzie, 06 December 2013 - 04:34 PM.

Sponsor:

#2 Servant of the Lord   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 14956

0Likes

Posted 06 December 2013 - 05:01 PM

Very nice! Is this for a full game you're working on?

I can't believe ORSA signed-off on that man-hole and ladder in the first screenshot. laugh.png

It's perfectly fine to abbreviate my username to 'Servant' rather than copy+pasting it all the time.

[Fly with me on Twitter] [Google+] [My broken website]

All glory be to the Man at the right hand... On David's throne the King will reign, and the Government will rest upon His shoulders. All the earth will see the salvation of God.                                                                                                                                                       [Need free cloud storage? I personally like DropBox]

Of Stranger Flames - [indie turn-based rpg set in a para-historical French colony] | Indie RPG development journal

#3 cozzie   Members   -  Reputation: 1078

0Likes

Posted 06 December 2013 - 05:07 PM

Thanks, probably not :)
It's not for a aimed full/ plotted game, it's a constantly growing testscene for the engine I'm making. My goal is to have a finished level/ scene including "everything", so basically playable. No plans yet for after that. Probably always nice things to add (normal mapping, volumetric lighting, deferred rendering, particles, shadows and lots more). Progress has its ups and downs when you have a busy day job in between :)

#4 Migi0027   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 1233

0Likes

Posted 06 December 2013 - 05:46 PM

Nice, I really like it, it's beginning to get this real feel of, a game! (Which is a good thing by the way biggrin.png )

Really cool! Keep it up! smile.png

-MIGI0027

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS