• Create Account

DirectX and Visual 2013 Graphics Debugger

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
2 replies to this topic

#1 Armus   Members   -  Reputation: 423

0Likes

Posted 07 December 2013 - 06:41 AM

Hey,

Yesterday i ran in to problem with debbuging application with Graphics Debugger that is built in Visual 2013.

When starting diagnostics it hangs app on line:

D3D11CreateDevice(NULL, D3D_DRIVER_TYPE_HARDWARE, NULL, createDeviceFlags, &featureLevel, 1,
			D3D11_SDK_VERSION, &mD3D_Device, NULL, &mD3D_DeviceContext);

It looks like it just never returning from this function, and what more interesting when i just start with Debug, it works well.

Actually maybe it's releated to the fact i upgraded from Windows 8 to 8.1 and uninstalled visual 2012 and installed 2013 ?

It worked well before upgrade.

How do i fix it ?

Sponsor:

#2 Jason Z   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 4581

0Likes

Posted 07 December 2013 - 02:00 PM

So the application hangs on the call to create device?  You mean any time you have graphics debugging enabled, it won't get past the device creation?  Was there anything unusual about the upgrade process from 8.0 to 8.1?  Did you install VS2013 before or after 8.1?

#3 Armus   Members   -  Reputation: 423

0Likes

Posted 07 December 2013 - 03:37 PM

Yeah, it hangs on device creation. Always. What is really weird, when i created new project with just plain device creation, Graphic Debugger is working well.

Can it be issue, because i'm loading my directx rendersystem as dll ? (Plugin system). But it wasn't problem at visual 2012.

Currently i'm reinstalling visual, so may this help.

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS