• Create Account

Random Development Tools

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
1 reply to this topic

#1 lask1   Members   -  Reputation: 630

0Likes

Posted 11 December 2013 - 05:47 PM

Hi,

I have been programming for awhile and have come across many different tools that made my life much easier.

One of my favorites though is Tiled which is useful for developing 2D maps. I have tried making my own level editors and even using jpgs to store all my level data haha. Another one I found really cool was Spine2D used for 2D skeleton animations.

I was wondering what other tools people have came across that they enjoy using. Whether they are for sound, graphics, animation, level editing and etc...

I look forward to seeing the responses.

Sponsor:

#2 Ultrahead   Members   -  Reputation: 210

1Likes

Posted 11 December 2013 - 09:08 PM

The one I'm developing: the Asset Pipeline Editor.

http://www.gamedev.net/topic/651102-upcoming-tool-the-asset-pipeline-editor/

Spine is great for skeleton-based 2D sprites. Tiled is also great. For audio, I use Audacity. For video editing, Magix's products. For 3D modelling, Silo3D (but it's no longer developed I guess). Daz Studio is good for skeleton-based 3D animations.

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS