• Create Account

We're offering banner ads on our site from just $5!

1. Details HERE. 2. GDNet+ Subscriptions HERE. 3. Ad upload HERE.

JUST quit my job to go full time Indie

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
10 replies to this topic

#1 theweirdn8   Members   -  Reputation: 165

Posted 13 December 2013 - 02:21 AM

Hello Game Devs,

After seeing so many other posts similar to this I thought I should make my own thread about it. Yesterday I quit my job to go full time indie. Currently, my 1st game is being finished in C/C++, but I plan to complete many more projects using Game Maker in the near future. I wrote a blog post here.

Please read it and let me know what you think.

I look for your wisdom and support in this huge life endeavor.

Edited by theweirdn8, 19 December 2013 - 09:08 AM.

[Agriduel]
Check out my nice little Farming Game that is MORE than just raising farm animals and crops..

Sponsor:

#2 Devero   GDNet+   -  Reputation: 216

Posted 13 December 2013 - 10:48 AM

Welcome to the world of No sleep, no money, & no sun!  ...But lots of FUN --haha.  Great read.   Keep the updates coming.

#3 LordVTP   Members   -  Reputation: 247

Posted 14 December 2013 - 04:39 AM

Congrats man! All the best to your endeavors :-)

#4 theweirdn8   Members   -  Reputation: 165

Posted 14 December 2013 - 06:22 AM

Thanks,

You guys are far too kind.

Today is day 3. I shall post another update on the blog, feel free to subscribe.

[Agriduel]
Check out my nice little Farming Game that is MORE than just raising farm animals and crops..

#5 Grimshaw   Members   -  Reputation: 647

Posted 14 December 2013 - 02:35 PM

Welcome to the world of No sleep, no money, & no sun!  ...But lots of FUN --haha.  Great read.   Keep the updates coming.

Man, reading that made me feel so much empathy. I can relate to that 100% right now haha :) 

Also, for the second time, the best of luck theweirdn8. Hope you achieve great things :)

Indie Game Developer - Daeva Theory Studios

Twitter - Facebook

Next

Terra - rise of mankind

Previous

SFML Game Development (Book)

#6 theweirdn8   Members   -  Reputation: 165

Posted 15 December 2013 - 08:21 AM

I wake up and head to my computer to work.

[Agriduel]

#7 kiteflyingmonkey   Members   -  Reputation: 310

Posted 17 December 2013 - 10:09 AM

I'm probably being an idiot, but I can't work out how to subscribe to your blog. Isn't there somewhere I can just wham in my email address?

#8 theweirdn8   Members   -  Reputation: 165

Posted 17 December 2013 - 08:02 PM

That sir is a member only feature.

[Agriduel]

#9 theweirdn8   Members   -  Reputation: 165

Posted 19 December 2013 - 09:01 AM

Demo of game is planned for Christmas day.

[Agriduel]

#10 patrrr   Members   -  Reputation: 1030

Posted 19 December 2013 - 10:51 AM

That sir is a member only feature.

Why? I'd think it should be easy to subscribe.

I'm following your progress here, hoping to hear more as I'm in a similar position; quit my job in June to bootstrap my company.

Edited by patrrr, 19 December 2013 - 10:54 AM.

#11 theweirdn8   Members   -  Reputation: 165

Posted 19 December 2013 - 05:16 PM

It essentially takes same time to sign up for a newsletter as to sign up for a web-site. Both require e-mail and e-mail activation...

[Agriduel]

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS