Here's some feedback in terms of potential things to fix and/or improve on, if you feel like it.
Personally, I'd care more about the bugs than the potential improvements.
1. The exit button is active on the instructions page.
Start the game. Go to Instructions. While on the instructions page, click on where the Exit button is on the main menu. Observe that game exits.
2. Some areas aren't selectable, even though they seem to be.
In game, select the bottom-right corner of the middle cell. You can click on roughly an entire brick (background) without anything happening. The bottom-left cell also has areas like this (in the bottom-left area).
3. Some areas produce 2 symbols.
In game, click on the divider that seperates the top-left and the top-middle cells. Some cases here allow a single click to place 2 icons. This does not allow exploiting, as the icons alternate correctly.
4. Sometimes, the victory message doesn't clear.
Not sure what causes this. Sometimes the victory message remains on-screen (seemingly) forever, until a new game is completed.
5. (Nit-picking) Symbols aren't centered in the cells.
Not a big deal.
6. (Nit-picking) Victory messages aren't in the same place for player 1 and player 2.
Not a big deal. I only noticed this because of bug 4.
- Somewhat expecting the X and O symbols to have different colors (red for O springs to mind).-
- When placing the final symbol (to win), it would be cool to have some effect. Currently, the board resets instantly. Maybe a line struck through the winning section, with a timer (and/or mouseDown) to clear.
- I found the placement sound a bit painful/loud.
- There could be unique placement sounds for each player.
- I found parts of the text slightly hard to read against the background.
- The font used makes the O (used for player indicator) look identical to the number 0. Slightly confusing on a fresh board, but not a big deal.
- Currently, buttons are active if you mouseDown outside them and drag onto the button. Potential improvement is to only do button event on mouseUp over the button (if the button received a mouseDown in the first place).
Edited by CoreLactose, 14 December 2013 - 10:48 AM.