• Create Account

D3D11 Fullscreen Transition Bug

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
No replies to this topic

#1 Batzer   Members   -  Reputation: 246

0Likes

Posted 14 December 2013 - 02:05 PM

Hey guys,

so I've been spending the last 4 days trying to figure out why I keep getting that annoying Warning from DXGI.

"DXGI WARNING: IDXGISwapChain::Present: Fullscreen presentation inefficiencies incurred due to application not using IDXGISwapChain::ResizeBuffers appropriately, specifying a DXGI_MODE_DESC not available in IDXGIOutput::GetDisplayModeList, or not using DXGI_SWAP_CHAIN_FLAG_ALLOW_MODE_SWITCH.DXGI_SWAP_CHAIN_DESC::BufferDesc = { 1600, 900, { 0, 0 }, R8G8B8A8_UNORM, 0, 0 }; DXGI_SWAP_CHAIN_DESC::SampleDesc = { 1, 0 }; DXGI_SWAP_CHAIN_DESC::Flags = 0x2; [ MISCELLANEOUS WARNING #98: ]"

My code should be perfectly fine, as it follows these guidlines from Microsoft: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/ee417025%28v=vs.85%29.aspx#Full_Screen_Issues

However I still get that warning, but only when I switch to fullscreen the first time, with Alt-Enter for example. When I repeat switching to fullscreen and back with Alt-Enter the warning stops appearing. It turns out that DXGI doesn't dispatch the WM_SIZE message on the first transition to fullscreen, eventhough it should.

Is this a bug in DXGI?

Edit: Here is a quick and dirty test-application that reproduces the issue: http://pastebin.com/J7VEufym (Visual Studio 2013, C++11)

Edit2: Ok I've figured it out, the actual window size is used not the client size of the window. This results in having a 834x630 (or something like that) resolution, which isn't a valid one for obvious reasons  :D

Edited by Batzer, 18 December 2013 - 05:32 PM.

Sponsor:

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS