• Create Account

cloud server vs dedicated server

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
2 replies to this topic

#1 Deek880   Members   -  Reputation: 124

0Likes

Posted 22 December 2013 - 12:45 AM

Can anybody recommend a remote cloud server or dedicated server for a win32  game application?. I need a static IP obviously, and expect that I will need to serve up data on about 100 different ports within a year.

I would prefer a server that has a physical location outside of the US for legal reasons. Currently have no active players so I don't need something really expensive.

In my local area the cable company wants a three year contract for a business internet service with a static IP and I may be moving in the next two months so the idea of a cloud or dedicated server looks like the way to bet started.

Sponsor:

#2 Davy1992   Members   -  Reputation: 225

0Likes

Posted 22 December 2013 - 05:10 AM

Take a look at http://www.soyoustart.co.uk/ it is a new division of OVH. If you need something less powerful take a look at their VPS solution here http://www.ovh.co.uk/vps/

#3 hplus0603   Moderators   -  Reputation: 5067

0Likes

Posted 22 December 2013 - 11:37 AM

Amazon has data centers in Europe and Asia.

If you're going to do gambling, the US may cut you off within the US even if your server is outside the US.
If the reason for your "legal reasons" is gambling, then you're probably better off collaborating with an established provider, such as betable.com.
enum Bool { True, False, FileNotFound };

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS