Unfinished games as usual

Started by
1 comment, last by the incredible smoker 10 years, 4 months ago

Hi all,

i,m Always starting making a new game instead of finishing one, Always room for improvements.

i need to get to some point say : this is it, a complete finished game.

Now i was looking to the Screenshot Showdown :

It realy looking nice, i was wondering will all those game be released someday ?,

or do you all also have the same problem as me ?

Maybe i will also join Screenshot Showdown, if i have some new game, next year.

How do i join anyways ?

greetings

S T O P C R I M E !

Visual Pro 2005 C++ DX9 Cubase VST 3.70 Working on : LevelContainer class & LevelEditor

Advertisement

I believe most people doing creative work will get new ideas as they are creating their work. Rather than finish the current project, they move on to the new idea. If you want to get your projects completed, resist the urge to start a project in the middle of your current one. Even though you are making your games just as a hobby, you should try and set goals and deadlines for your project, just to keep it on track. You may also find a new library during the development of your game. "Whoa! This library is cross-platform AND has a built in physics engine!" Despite how amazing this library may seem, keep working with your current tools until the end of the project.

But sometimes you just need a break from that project right?

I have learned form doing Ludum Dare a few times, that sometimes a small side project can help you grow a little bit, and even keep you focused on that "big project".

So, if you honestly are getting really tired of working on the "big project", make a little mini game or website (preferably something that wont take more than 2 or 3 days).

Stay gold, Pony Boy.

Hi, i Always try to write a simple game anyways.

Maybe i learn by removing everything, and starting something different again.

The stuff i dont remove is becoming part of the engine.

Or maybe i need to copy the engine as it is now, work on games with that,

and seperately coding for the new engine version, maybe its getting to hectic, but if i want results i have to change something.

S T O P C R I M E !

Visual Pro 2005 C++ DX9 Cubase VST 3.70 Working on : LevelContainer class & LevelEditor

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement