• Create Account

[SDL] Query when screen is capable of rendering

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
No replies to this topic

#1 Nytegard   Members   -  Reputation: 820

0Likes

Posted 24 December 2013 - 01:53 AM

I'm changing the resolution and have multiple monitors and running full screen.  There's several seconds of delay where the screen is black.  I tried SDL_WINDOW_EVENT_SHOWN, but that was returning almost immediately while I was still waiting for the screen to actually display.  I'm looking for an efficient way of knowing when to start actually running the application rather than putting up a delay as a hack.  (I also queried all the Window Events and nothing is being called around the time when the screen returns to a drawable state).

*EDIT*

I only have this issue with multiple monitors.  If only using one monitor, everything works as expected, or if I use a window and not full screen, everything works as expected.

Edited by Nytegard, 24 December 2013 - 10:33 AM.

Sponsor:

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS