• Create Account

Volunteering at conferences around the world

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
No replies to this topic

#1 Hamsta   Members   -  Reputation: 875

0Likes

Posted 25 December 2013 - 11:18 AM

Happy holidays everyone :)

An unconventional idea popped into my head not so long ago - I think I would like to travel the world and volunteer at game development conferences. I was given the opportunity to do so at GDC Online 2011, GDC Europe 2012 and 2013, and I'm hoping to add more this year.

I did a little bit of research and found the Korean Game Developers Conference also has volunteer opportunities, but I don't know if I could get in without knowing the language.

My main goal would be to expand my network and possibly find a job that would enable me to relocate from Israel. It may be a long shot, but those are all I have.

(Secondary goal is to collect sweet gaming freebies ;) )

I'd love to hear of any more such opportunities, and your thoughts on the subject.

Itamar Reiner: Self Financed Concept Artist http://www.hamsta180.com

Sponsor:

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS