• Create Account

AngelScript on WindowsRT

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5 replies to this topic

#1 NiteLordz   Members   -  Reputation: 369

0Likes

Posted 26 December 2013 - 07:31 PM

I am porting my engine to run on windows 8 and windows phone and have run into a problem.

Currently I use angel script for game scripting, however, it does not seem to run on windows 8 RT or on windows phone 8.

Does anyone have any experience with angel script and porting?

If I can not use angel script, what scripting language can I use with these systems.
Code makes the man

Sponsor:

#2 Chris_F   Members   -  Reputation: 1658

0Likes

Posted 26 December 2013 - 11:56 PM

What do you mean by "it does not seam to run?" What exactly have you tried so far?

From their website:

• Cross platform - It has been confirmed to work on Windows, Linux, MacOS X, XBox, XBox 360, PS2, PSP, PS3, Dreamcast, Nintendo DS, Windows Mobile, iPhone, BSD, and Android.
  • CPU independent - Both 32bit and 64bit platforms are supported. Both big endian and little endian CPUs are supported. Confirmed CPUs: x86, amd64, sh4, mips, ppc, ppc64, arm.
  • Compiler support - It works with MSVC++, GNUC, MinGW, DJGPP, Borland C++ Builder. Other compilers haven't been formally tested but are likely to work as well.

#3 Chris_F   Members   -  Reputation: 1658

0Likes

Posted 27 December 2013 - 12:01 AM

What do you mean by "it does not seam to run?" What exactly have you tried so far?

From their website:

• Cross platform - It has been confirmed to work on Windows, Linux, MacOS X, XBox, XBox 360, PS2, PSP, PS3, Dreamcast, Nintendo DS, Windows Mobile, iPhone, BSD, and Android.
  • CPU independent - Both 32bit and 64bit platforms are supported. Both big endian and little endian CPUs are supported. Confirmed CPUs: x86, amd64, sh4, mips, ppc, ppc64, arm.
  • Compiler support - It works with MSVC++, GNUC, MinGW, DJGPP, Borland C++ Builder. Other compilers haven't been formally tested but are likely to work as well.

#4 Servant of the Lord   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 14931

0Likes

Posted 27 December 2013 - 02:34 AM

The official AngelScript forums is actually a sub-forum of the overall GameDev.net forums (AngelCode is affiliated with, but not owned or managed by, GameDev.net) - you'd have better luck if a moderator moves your question to the AngelCode subforum where the creator and maintainer of AngelScript is active and more apt to see your post then if it gets burried in this "General Programming" subforum.

It's perfectly fine to abbreviate my username to 'Servant' rather than copy+pasting it all the time.

[Fly with me on Twitter] [Google+] [My broken website]

All glory be to the Man at the right hand... On David's throne the King will reign, and the Government will rest upon His shoulders. All the earth will see the salvation of God.                                                                                                                                                       [Need free cloud storage? I personally like DropBox]

Of Stranger Flames - [indie turn-based rpg set in a para-historical French colony] | Indie RPG development journal

#5 AgentC   Members   -  Reputation: 1117

0Likes

Posted 27 December 2013 - 11:01 AM

Do you mean that the native calling convention (assembly code wrapper to call the registered functions from script) doesn't work? In that case you could use the generic calling convention as a workaround in the meanwhile.

Every time you add a boolean member variable, God kills a kitten. Every time you create a Manager class, God kills a kitten. Every time you create a Singleton...

Urho3D (engine)  Hessian (C64 game project)

#6 MJP   Moderators   -  Reputation: 8756

0Likes

Posted 28 December 2013 - 03:50 PM

It looks like the OP already re-posted his thread in the AngelCode forum, so I'm going to close this one.

Edited by MJP, 28 December 2013 - 03:50 PM.

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS