• Create Account

Needing some documents to learn game making.

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
3 replies to this topic

#1 Bingel   Members   -  Reputation: 102

0Likes

Posted 29 December 2013 - 07:11 AM

Hi everyone ! I am a beginner ! I really want to make game but I don't know how to do it. I don't know about C language, drawing. I only know about Pascal language. Could you give me some documents to learn ? Thank you very much ! Sorry for my poor English !

Sponsor:

#2 Tom Sloper   Moderators   -  Reputation: 8500

0Likes

Posted 29 December 2013 - 07:56 AM

Read this forum's FAQ for starters: http://www.gamedev.net/page/reference/faq.php/_/for-beginners-r1
-- Tom Sloper
Sloperama Productions
Making games fun and getting them done.
www.sloperama.com

Please do not PM me. My email address is easy to find, but note that I do not give private advice.

#3 Vortez   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 2687

0Likes

Posted 29 December 2013 - 09:01 AM

Please don't write in caps and with a font size of 1000... it's anoying.

Anyway, you have to be more specific than that. Are you planning to use OpenGL or DirectX? Do you want to make games for windows or for tablets?

Do you want to write all the code yourself or use an engine? Your question is way too vague for properly answering it.

If you wanna try opengl, have a look at nehe, it's a bit outdated but still a very good ressource for beginners.

Edited by Vortez, 29 December 2013 - 09:02 AM.

#4 minibutmany   Members   -  Reputation: 1427

0Likes

Posted 29 December 2013 - 10:13 AM

I don't know about C language

Ok, well let's help you learn.

This website has a few tutorials as well as an interactive coding window.

As for libraries, in addition to those mentioned above, you may want to look at SDL.

BUT you don't necessarily have to switch away from pascal.

I found this port of the Allegro library to pascal.

Stay gold, Pony Boy.

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS