• Create Account

Some help for starting

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
2 replies to this topic

#1 khan047   Members   -  Reputation: 102

0Likes

Posted 29 December 2013 - 05:30 PM

So i am a student of computer science. i know c++ in and out. i know c,c#,ruby,js. my programming concepts are pretty clear and i am sure i can learn any language too without much difficulty. And now that i am at this stage i want to start making games and i know i have to start with the little ones. But i don't know where to start. I started with sfml but i am not completely sure about that or anything. Any help for a fellow enthusiast will be very much appreciated :P

Sponsor:

#2 Godmil   Members   -  Reputation: 744

1Likes

Posted 29 December 2013 - 06:11 PM

SFML is a good starting place, try making some super basic games then just work from there.

http://www.gamefromscratch.com/post/2013/08/01/Just-starting-out-what-games-should-I-make.aspx

#3 Rifts605   Members   -  Reputation: 240

0Likes

Posted 01 January 2014 - 11:19 PM

From the research that I've done, I would say that SFML or SDL would both be pretty good places to start. You need to start with 2D games, and then once you feel very comfortable with 2D games, you should continue onto 3D games. You could use OpenGL once you reach this point.

Edited by Rifts605, 04 January 2014 - 01:55 AM.

If Walt Disney can figure out how to make people pay to stand in line all day, I can surely master programming...

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS