OpenGL and Windows XP

Started by
26 comments, last by Scooter 22 years, 5 months ago
Does anyone know what the deal is with OpenGL and XP, why does it run so slow? Seems like there is no hardware acceleration or something, any ideas?
We are here just like this,It really doesn't matter why.The world is here like it is,'We could laugh we could cry.Is it good or is it bad,Wright or maybe wrong?There's no use of being sad,Without a purpose within a song.
Advertisement
Upgrade your video drivers.

~~~~~~~~~~
FreeBSD.org - worship the Daemon!
ReactOS - an Open-source operating system compatible with Windows NT apps and drivers
Get rid of XP. Maybe upgrade your ram to. THe thing takes 128 megs, even though they usually say 64. You probably want atlest 256 megs on your system
--------------------------I present for tribute this haiku:Inane Ravings OfThe Haunting JubilationA Mad Engineer©Copyright 2005 ExtrariusAll Rights Reserved
XP is just fine. It''s most stable release of Windows since 3.11. Martee is right, get drivers for your video card that are rated as XP Compliant and you''ll be fine. And don''t worry too much about the ram issue, most computers these days have 128 and if so, you''ll be okay. And upgrading isn''t much of an issue either since it''s so cheap these days.

- Mike

P.S. If you need help locating, let me know which video card you have and I''ll tell you where to get the driver.
"The important thing to remember when programming is: When you're 90% complete, there's still 50% more to go."
quote:Original post by mkaltner
It''s the most stable release of Windows since 3.11.

According to stress tests that would be NT 4.0. The more end user content that is added, the more possibilies for error there are.

[Resist Windows XP''s Invasive Production Activation Technology!]
quote:
According to stress tests that would be NT 4.0. The more end user content that is added, the more possibilies for error there are.

No way! NT 4.0 is much less stable for me (where I work).

Of course, anecdotal evidence is always suspect, but I''ve never had a problem with 2k. Mind you, what I''ve seen of XP (at least on my system) isn''t that good (VC++ keeps crashing!) (still, I''ll wait for the first SP to make a proper decision, heh)

codeka.com - Just click it.
Windows 3.11 stable? Umm isn''t that the one where an app could take the entire CPU up and not return control?
quote:Original post by Martee
Upgrade your video drivers.

~~~~~~~~~~
FreeBSD.org - worship the Daemon!

I have a Riva TNT2 32Mb videocard, but the newest driver from NVidia - XP-Detonator doesn''t help me with the problem with GL&XP, I think XP bugging on some video cards
OK Scooter ...

Win2K is a fantastically stable OS ... ME and XP are not. They are both based on W2K ... but with many problems ... how many OS''s have you tried to run this on?

XP isn''t designed to support OpenGL, because it isn''t MS''s idea of the way forward ... Get a copy of W2K and then you''ll be OK
ME is not based on 2K. It still uses the 9x kernel.

[Resist Windows XP''s Invasive Production Activation Technology!]

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement