Best physics and game engine

Started by
0 comments, last by Nathan2222_old 10 years, 3 months ago

I don't know much about how this is done, so if I am asking a stupid question, just redirect me to the answer.

In C#, I recently hacked my way into displaying graphics on the screen. It was a bit slow, especially the collision checking. I wondered if there was a better way of doing using a game engine of some sort. Now I have a idea for a game that needs physics (I probably am not going to make it, but just in case) Can someone redirect me to a place that has information about this stuff, like a nice table that lists each of there features or something?

My CVMy money management app: ELFSHMy game about shooting triangles: Lazer of Death
Advertisement
The best one is the one that does what you want the way you want.

The good one is the one that is readily available and does/kinda does what you want.

I read a pdf comparing physics engines (physx, havok, bullet, ode and newton) and not of them where the best, they were just good and had varying problems.

I'll try to see if i can find it on google. Checking . . .

¤edit¤ . . . found it. 'Evaluation of real-time physics simulation systems'

UNREAL ENGINE 4:
Total LOC: ~3M Lines
Total Languages: ~32

--
GREAT QUOTES:
I can do ALL things through Christ - Jesus Christ
--
Logic will get you from A-Z, imagination gets you everywhere - Albert Einstein
--
The problems of the world cannot be solved by skeptics or cynics whose horizons are limited by the obvious realities. - John F. Kennedy

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement