localedir is not a legitimate directory

• You cannot reply to this topic
7 replies to this topic

#1 FGFS   Members   -  Reputation: 180

0Likes

Posted 10 January 2014 - 03:00 AM

Compiling in 13.04 I get:

michael@michael-Ubuntu:~/crrcsim-0.9.12$ make
cd . && /bin/bash /home/michael/crrcsim-0.9.12/missing --run automake-1.11 --foreign
locale/Makefile.am:5: `localedir' is not a legitimate directory for `DATA'
make: *** [Makefile.in] Error 1
michael@michael-Ubuntu:~/crrcsim-0.9.12$

Any ideas on how to compile? Thanks for help

Sponsor:

#2 rip-off   Moderators   -  Reputation: 7679

0Likes

Posted 10 January 2014 - 05:53 AM

Compiling what? Version 13.04 of what? Is this your own program? If so, can you post a minimal source and make file that demonstrates the issue?

#3 Ectara   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 2823

0Likes

Posted 10 January 2014 - 09:01 PM

I'm going to guess that the version number is the version of his OS, Ubuntu Linux, irrelevant to the process as it may or may not be.

I searched Google for "crrcsim" and the error message, and I found an Italian site that mentions the same problem with the same program. See if this helps:
http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=it&u=http://www.davidea.it/modellismo-elettrico/67-simulatore-di-volo-aeromodelli-per-linux.html%3Fshowall%3D1%26limitstart%3D&prev=/search%3Fq%3D%2560localedir%2527%2Bis%2Bnot%2Ba%2Blegitimate%2Bdirectory%2Bfor%2B%2560DATA%2527%2Bcrrcsim%26safe%3Dactive%26biw%3D1889%26bih%3D891

Edited by Ectara, 10 January 2014 - 09:03 PM.

#4 FGFS   Members   -  Reputation: 180

0Likes

Posted 11 January 2014 - 12:21 AM

Thanks, yes I saw that but it doesn't help to remove automake. Anyway I might skip it, as crrcsim is somehow basic (cough) and stick to realflight. (if only I wouldn't need to reboot...)

#5 Ectara   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 2823

0Likes

Posted 11 January 2014 - 01:18 AM

I don't quite understand. Are you trying to uninstall the automake toolchain, and install a different version? You would use your package manager for that. Are you trying to remove the files created by automake? Perhaps something like this would help: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2936116/autotools-how-to-cleanup-files-created-by-configure-in-lighttpd-project

What have you tried so far, and how didn't it work?

#6 Bregma   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 4768

0Likes

Posted 11 January 2014 - 08:54 AM

Hmm, seeing the code would help. We are not prescient.

My guess is line 5 of Makefile.am contains text like "locale_DATA = ...." and the localedir variable has not been defined. Just a guess, because of the dearth of actual information in the question.

The i18n infrastructure of some projects gets a little weird when integrating with the autotools. There may be a locale/Makefile.am.in file that needs to get preprocessed before the autotools get run. You could check that, too.

If there is a file called 'autogen.sh' present, you should try running that to refresh the build infrastructure to match the tool versions on your system.
Stephen M. Webb
Professional Free Software Developer

#7 FGFS   Members   -  Reputation: 180

0Likes

Posted 11 January 2014 - 09:56 AM

michael@michael-Ubuntu:~/Downloads/crrcsim-0.9.12$ ./autogen.sh
Removing old aclocal.m4...
Running autoheader...
Running aclocal...
Running automake...
Running autoconf...

--------------------------------------------
Success, now you're ready to run ./configure
--------------------------------------------

michael@michael-Ubuntu:~/Downloads/crrcsim-0.9.12$

Never mind. Now I have a look at running Realflight with Wine as I've my 2 RC planes modeled in there. wub.png

Anyway would be interesting to see the solution, you could download crrcsim from sourceforge.

#8 Ectara   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 2823

0Likes

Posted 11 January 2014 - 11:21 PM

Wait, if it says "Success, now you're ready to run ./configure"... have you tried running ./configure? If so, does the same error halt compilation after doing this?

Edited by Ectara, 11 January 2014 - 11:23 PM.

PARTNERS