I'm curious about this engine... why don't you open-source it? It sure would bring more users and create an ecosystem around it (services, support, asset store, etc.). Right now, i don't see any reason to buy it or even spend time learning it.
Both UDK and Unity are more powerful than this engine and free to use, only requiring payment at advanced stages of development, with different strategies and affordable prices (royalty-based, term-based or even single payment). If full-source is something you need, there are cheaper and more powerful alternatives like Leadwerks, C4 and Esenthel.
But S2ENGINE HD is free to use. Go to www.s2powered.com to download it.
Are you sure Unity, C4, Leadwerks are more powerful than S2ENGINE? Have you tried it?
Here are some rendering feature available:
- Deferred shading
- Subsurface scattering and traslucency
- SSAO and SSGI
- Realtime local reflections
- local cubemap (updated basing on day time) both for specular and diffure ambient reflection
- Animated Vegetation
- Cascade shadow mapping
- Night and day cycle
- Atmosphere scattering
- Motion blur, DOF, color correction, lens flare
- HDR with filmic tonemapping
- Physical based BDRF
- Automatic exposure control
Also It is available a complete IDE for:
- terrain editing
- vegetation splatting/editing
- visual cutscene editing
- Road generation/editing
- time of day and weather system editing
- Visual event handler system
And much, much much more...
Edited by bugbuster77, 10 January 2014 - 08:22 AM.