• Create Account

Calling all IT Pros from Canada and Australia.. we need your help! Support our site by taking a quick sponsored surveyand win a chance at a $50 Amazon gift card. Click here to get started!

SlimDX will not install. Please help.

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
No replies to this topic

#1 OldEarth   Members   -  Reputation: 106

0Likes

Posted 10 January 2014 - 05:02 PM

I am at my wits end.

I am on a Windows 7 computer I've tried various .NET frameworks, and earlier and the latest DirectX.

But every time I try to install SlimDX I get an error that "There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. A program required for this install to complete could not be run"

I need this to be able to run my updated GIS software (MapInfo-Discover) if that helps.

The MapInfo-Discover installer lists it at the beginning as "Pending" install... does not give me an error but it does not install and completes the rest of the installation (And then gives me an error when started that it can't find SlimDX).  SlimDX does not show up in my program list.

And trying to install it from the SlimDX site gives me the earlier error every time.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Edited by OldEarth, 10 January 2014 - 05:08 PM.

Sponsor:

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS