• Create Account

Hello, new to the community but not new to the design world

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
3 replies to this topic

#1 Stomplab   GDNet+   -  Reputation: 117

Posted 17 January 2014 - 06:00 PM

Hey all,

My name's Dave, I've been messing around with Indie Dev for a little under ten years and have worked with a few development platforms (UDK, Cry, Torque, NeoAxis, TGC products, Unity and a few that are no longer in development). I've performed several different roles within each development team that I have been a member of, such as: 3D asset creation, texture artist, limited programing, project management, QA, audio development and story development. I'm glad that I have had the opportunities to perform these various roles and haven't pinned down which role makes me happiest, they all are a bit of fun but can be complete pains at times.

I'm having a problem finding people that are committed to the development cause but I think that has something to do with the communities that I frequented. This is in no way a team request, just a bit of history. I have released a demo but it was as with all things dated before it was released. I think I have the original file somewhere on my external HDD but can't be bothered to search for it, sorry.

Here is a list of software suites that I am familiar with but in no way a master of:

Modeling/animation:

• Blender3D <---preferred 3D/animation software

Textures/web design:

• Adobe Photoshop cs4 <--- owned

Audio:

• Cubase7 <---owned
  • Randall guitar amps
  • Fender Bass amps
  • Various Toontrack plug-ins <--owned

I love my hobbies and I prefer to be legit in all aspects. I own licenses for various game engines but have yet to develop in a few of them. I purchased them so that in the event that I join a team that used one of the products that I have licensed I am able to pick up and slide into the pipeline without delay. Some of them were mistakes to purchase but hindsight is always 20/20 and others were purchased with grandiose ideas that never came to fruition but that doesn't mean they will not be used in future projects.

I've been doing a lot of thinking and doing some research into technology that is current and I have a narrowed down what I am going to license next but it will be quite sometime before I proceed. I have a concept that I started working on back in 2006 but shelved it do to real life issues but I have since dusted the cover off of the story and have put the spark back in my co-writers eye.

I hope to contribute to this community and look forward to the time I will be spending here.

Cheers,
Dave

Sponsor:

#2 jbadams   Senior Staff   -  Reputation: 14775

Posted 17 January 2014 - 10:24 PM

Welcome to the community Dave! :)

#3 Stomplab   GDNet+   -  Reputation: 117

Posted 17 January 2014 - 10:57 PM

Thanks jb!

#4 Stomplab   GDNet+   -  Reputation: 117

Posted 22 January 2014 - 10:41 PM

Motivation.... I lack it at the moment.. anyone else feel my pain?

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS