• Create Account

No crossbone status for me?

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
13 replies to this topic

#1 Vortez   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 2698

Posted 19 January 2014 - 02:40 AM

So, it's been 2-3 days since i got over 1000 rep here on the forum and i noticed i still haven't been promoted to crossbone as it was advertised this summer, what's going on? Is that thing over? If so, i would be very sad since i really was looking foward for the promotion... :(

Sponsor:

#2 mousetail   Members   -  Reputation: 1112

Posted 19 January 2014 - 05:28 AM

I am trying to get 1000 rep to become a crossbone, but some time ago a saw a few "Prime-members" with over 1000 rep so I wondered if the policy has changed.

#3 Migi0027   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 1661

Posted 19 January 2014 - 10:25 AM

I mean, it's not like I'm trying to be on the forum just to get this fancy crossbones title, but I've kinda been excited about it, though nothing really happened... wacko.png

If my memory still works, I remembered it to be around 1000+ rep points. So what are the rules on this? ( If it's still active )

-MIGI0027

Hi! Cuboid Zone
The Rule: Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet, ohh, AND STEAL ALL ZE TRIANGLES FROM ZHEM!

#4 Vortez   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 2698

Posted 19 January 2014 - 10:56 AM

I mean, it's not like I'm trying to be on the forum just to get this fancy crossbones title, but I've kinda been excited about it, though nothing really happened... wacko.png

Same here. I've send a message to mike 2 days ago but he dosn't appear to have seen it yet.

Edited by Vortez, 19 January 2014 - 10:59 AM.

#5 the incredible smoker   Members   -  Reputation: 319

Posted 19 January 2014 - 11:14 AM

Whats the use of being crossbones ?

S T O P   C R I M E !

Visual Pro 2005 C++ DX9 Cubase VST 3.70  Working on : LevelContainer class & LevelEditor

#6 Paradigm Shifter   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 5265

Posted 19 January 2014 - 11:18 AM

You can peer review articles. Not that I have ;)

"Most people think, great God will come from the sky, take away everything, and make everybody feel high" - Bob Marley

#7 fastcall22   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 4289

Posted 19 January 2014 - 11:29 AM

Hmm? I thought crossbones was a symbol of seniority. Guess not. Oh well.
c3RhdGljIGNoYXIgeW91cl9tb21bMVVMTCA8PCA2NF07CnNwcmludGYoeW91cl9tb20sICJpcyBmYXQiKTs=

#8 Migi0027   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 1661

Posted 19 January 2014 - 02:04 PM

Hmm? I thought crossbones was a symbol of seniority. Guess not. Oh well.

That could easily be the factor as well, though, it would be nice to get a clarification. happy.png

Hi! Cuboid Zone
The Rule: Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet, ohh, AND STEAL ALL ZE TRIANGLES FROM ZHEM!

#9 Madhed   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 2811

Posted 19 January 2014 - 02:10 PM

I'm not sure. I think it was a one-off kind of promotion...

http://www.gamedev.net/topic/646280-prime-members/?view=findpost&p=5083654

#10 BGB   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 1554

Posted 19 January 2014 - 06:36 PM

same here, I mostly had figured it was related to having written articles or similar.

hadn't really thought of it much beyond this.

#11 Servant of the Lord   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 18735

Posted 19 January 2014 - 07:39 PM

same here, I mostly had figured it was related to having written articles or similar.

That's the green 'Contributor' banner in the upper-right corner of your posts, iirc.

It's perfectly fine to abbreviate my username to 'Servant' rather than copy+pasting it all the time.
All glory be to the Man at the right hand... On David's throne the King will reign, and the Government will rest upon His shoulders. All the earth will see the salvation of God.
Of Stranger Flames - [indie turn-based rpg set in a para-historical French colony] | Indie RPG development journal

[Fly with me on Twitter] [Google+] [My broken website]

[Need web hosting? I personally like A Small Orange]

#12 dejaime   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 4012

Posted 22 January 2014 - 09:55 PM

http://www.gamedev.net/sm/

You'll see some 3k+ members that didn't get a crossbones title...

I guess it was just a one-time thing and anyone who were lucky to be active by then and reached the 1k mark got it.

It probably isn't related to writing articles, since I have submitted one that has been peer-reviewed.

Edited by dejaime, 22 January 2014 - 11:30 PM.

#13 Hodgman   Moderators   -  Reputation: 29733

Posted 22 January 2014 - 10:17 PM

Maybe you can still message Mike to join the group? I think it was his initiative to build this group of reputable article reviewers.

#14 Michael Tanczos   Senior Staff   -  Reputation: 5191

Posted 24 January 2014 - 06:33 AM

The little tool that was auto-promoting people was doing all sorts of crazy shit like moving moderators into Crossbones and ripping their elevated privs away and whatnot.   I'm going to write another way to do it that doesn't screw everybody up.

I think I have you guys hooked up at least now..

Edited by Michael Tanczos, 24 January 2014 - 06:36 AM.

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS