• Create Account

Shader expects X class instances on binding (when really, there are none at all)

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
No replies to this topic

#1 Juliean   GDNet+   -  Reputation: 2205

2Likes

Posted 22 January 2014 - 05:51 PM

Hello,

after a rather long time, I've finally got on of those very "WTF???"-moments again. While trying to get my hardware instancing working again after a long time of leaving it besides, I'm getting a very strange error when trying to set this very vertex shader:

D3D11 ERROR: ID3D11DeviceContext::VSSetShader: Shader expects 3131961357 class instances, application provided 0 [ STATE_SETTING ERROR #2097305: DEVICE_SETSHADER_INTERFACE_COUNT_MISMATCH]

EDIT: Oh damn, the error was actually part of a heap-corruption introduced by me using vertex shader sampler. Long story short, I was both reading and writing to invalid memory regions in the setup of the vertex samplers, I' acutally really surpised this just showed up now, and in such a strange way never the less. Anyway, problem solved...

Edited by Juliean, 22 January 2014 - 06:22 PM.

Sponsor:

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS