• Create Account

MFC Document/View and OpenGL model loading and drawing..

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
No replies to this topic

#1 mynameisnafe   Members   -  Reputation: 252

0Likes

Posted 26 January 2014 - 12:34 PM

Hi there,

I've gone ahead with setting up an MFC application through the visual studio wizard. So far with my MFC app I've initialised everything, wrapped OpenGL into a class held by the view, and I won blue from glClearColour() :)

I've got other projects with model loaders and OpenGL rendering, and a nice wrapper for shaders with ->SetUniformMat4() etc

So what goes where in terms of loading a model, and drawing it? We have the geometry from the file, the VAO created from said geometry, and the shader used to render the VAO.

I get that the view draws its document, and that a document can have more than one view..

I think I'm looking at having a scenegraph in the document that the view can render, yes? (I've got some code for this anyways)

So the document should be responsible for initialising GL VAOs, VBOs.. and rendering them? Or the View? Help?

Sponsor:

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS