• Create Account

About 3dMax export Skeleton

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
2 replies to this topic

#1 htz92127   Members   -  Reputation: 107

0Likes

Posted 27 January 2014 - 01:15 AM

I use IGame to export the skeleton, but have some questions. I want to calculate the binding position with the skeleton. The function with

IGameSkin->GetInitBoneTM(IGameNode * boneNode, GMatrix &intMat)

can get the bone TM when skin was added. But it will return false the the param is root bone. There is another function 

GetInitSkinTM(GMatrix & intMat)

in IGameSkin. But it always return a Identity matrix. So how can I get the binding position with root bone?

Sponsor:

#2 Eric Lengyel   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 2053

2Likes

Posted 28 January 2014 - 10:34 PM

I use IGame to export the skeleton, but have some questions. I want to calculate the binding position with the skeleton. The function with

IGameSkin->GetInitBoneTM(IGameNode * boneNode, GMatrix &intMat)

can get the bone TM when skin was added. But it will return false the the param is root bone. There is another function 

GetInitSkinTM(GMatrix & intMat)

in IGameSkin. But it always return a Identity matrix. So how can I get the binding position with root bone?

If GetInitBoneTM() returns false, then it suggests that the bone is not actually used by the skinned mesh.

The GetInitSkinTM() function returns the transform that was applied to the skin geometry at the time that it was bound to the skeleton, and not the transform of any particular bone.

If you'd like to see an example of skin/skeleton exporting from Max (but without using the IGame interface), take a look at the source for the OpenGEX exporter:

http://opengex.org/

The skin and bone bind transforms are exported at the top of the OpenGexExport::ExportSkin() function.

#3 htz92127   Members   -  Reputation: 107

0Likes

Posted 29 January 2014 - 12:33 AM

Actually, there is no vertex effected by the bone. But it is root bone. is this be defined no use? if so. how can I calculate the root bone's transform?

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS