• Create Account

Interested in a FREE copy of HTML5 game maker Construct 2?

We'll be giving away three Personal Edition licences in next Tuesday's GDNet Direct email newsletter!

Sign up from the right-hand sidebar on our homepage and read Tuesday's newsletter for details!

Anisotropic filtering

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
1 reply to this topic

#1 NEvOl   Members   -  Reputation: 174

0Likes

Posted 27 January 2014 - 01:24 AM

Hi, i need implementation software anisotropic filtering, help please understand algorithm. As I understand it, uses a sample on an ellipse rather than a circle (like the square with bilinear filtering), but I do not understand how to calculate this ellipse, please tell me. 

I understand that the major and minor radius of the ellipse depend on the inclination of the plane of the screen space, or can use a vector along which to interpolate texels (x2 -> 2 texel x4 -> 4 texel ...)? i am right ?
P.S.: I am not interested in the code, I am interested in the algorithms

Edited by NEvOl, 27 January 2014 - 02:48 AM.

Sponsor:

#2 JTippetts   Moderators   -  Reputation: 8569

0Likes

Posted 27 January 2014 - 01:32 AM

This has replies, so locking the unnecessary one. In the future, please avoid cross-posting.

Edit: Sorry, the duplicate titles fooled me. Unlocking this one so you can get some more specific help on the question.

Edited by JTippetts, 27 January 2014 - 02:32 AM.

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS