Welcome to the wonderful journey on how to make a video game. You might find this is totally your thing and go on with it, you might find it's not your thing and abandon it completely and just keep playing them. Only one way to find out however!
Getting to this site, you took the first step to a network of knowledge passed on to you by the lovely people here. Help in here doesn't come for free though, the currency here is mostly effort and the more you spend, the more likely you will get bang for your buck!
The best thing about effort, is that for a lot of "beginner" questions, you can spend the majority on yourself by searching through the many similar questions to your own on this forum, read the stickies and faqs that were meant for people with the "standard" beginner questions, just like you!
With this little bit of text, I gave you some effort, now go forth young grasshopper, go forth and feed your mind by spending this effort I just gave you!
Because I am such a nice person, I will also give you some general advice that will help you on your journey:
- Posting a topic with the title "HELP!" in full caps will not do you much good.
- Your question is likely asked before, here or elsewhere. Learning how to search for something is an essential skill!
- You will be overwhelmed with all the new stuff.
- Start small to gain some knowledge.
- Don't give up!
- Have fun in what you're doing!