• Create Account

We're offering banner ads on our site from just $5!

1. Details HERE. 2. GDNet+ Subscriptions HERE. 3. Ad upload HERE.

Don't forget to read Tuesday's email newsletter for your chance to win a free copy of Construct 2!

Shared Vertices for Multiple Resolutions?

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
No replies to this topic

#1 MadMartian   Members   -  Reputation: 102

0Likes

Posted 28 January 2014 - 12:21 PM

I am sharing vertices and normals for multiple triangle configurations / resolutions.  I am running into some strange shading inconsistencies that I do not understand and suspect that I may lack some pertinent background knowledge on vertex buffers and how they behave.  In general is it bad practice to reuse the same vertex data including normals for multiple triangle configurations?  Could this potentially cause problems?  I am using one vertex buffer to store all the vertices of all resolutions, however the way the vertices are arranged triangles could conceivably be comprised of vertices at opposite ends of the vertex buffer, could this lead to problems?

Sponsor:

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS