• Create Account

We need your feedback on a survey! Each completed response supports our community and gives you a chance to win a $25 Amazon gift card!

Where would you look for a QA testing service?

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
6 replies to this topic

#1 Sierra259x   Members   -  Reputation: 102

0Likes

Posted 29 January 2014 - 06:23 AM

Hey,

If you were an Indie developer where would you begin to look for a QA testing service?

Sponsor:

#2 Tom Sloper   Moderators   -  Reputation: 10179

1Likes

Posted 29 January 2014 - 08:07 AM

Since I already know of a few, I'd start with those. iBeta, Testronic, VMC. 

-- Tom Sloper
Sloperama Productions
Making games fun and getting them done.
www.sloperama.com

Please do not PM me. My email address is easy to find, but note that I do not give private advice.

#3 Sierra259x   Members   -  Reputation: 102

0Likes

Posted 29 January 2014 - 08:22 AM

Since I already know of a few, I'd start with those. iBeta, Testronic, VMC. 

And if you didn't already have those contacts?

#4 frob   Moderators   -  Reputation: 22849

1Likes

Posted 29 January 2014 - 11:15 AM

Without known contacts, I would go to Google with an understanding of the nature of my project.

Understanding the project doesn't just mean knowing your budget.

There are the more obvious questions of type of equipment, type of tests, how much creativity is involved, duration of tests, communication during the process, and so on.

There are other facets.  Must they be local, or am I willing to work with people elsewhere in the country, or am I willing to work with people elsewhere in the globe? Can I work with a much cheaper testing facility in India or Chile or Argentina, or does it need to be located in my city? 

If you don't have any contacts it really isn't that hard to search the web and find businesses to contact. After you have a short list, you contact them and ask for details.

Check out my book, Game Development with Unity, aimed at beginners who want to build fun games fast.

Also check out my personal website at bryanwagstaff.com, where I write about assorted stuff.

#5 Tom Sloper   Moderators   -  Reputation: 10179

0Likes

Posted 29 January 2014 - 02:39 PM

And if you didn't already have those contacts?

Then I'd google "game testing services" for starters, then if I need more, I'd use a different search string, then yet another search string until I have enough names to do research on.

-- Tom Sloper
Sloperama Productions
Making games fun and getting them done.
www.sloperama.com

Please do not PM me. My email address is easy to find, but note that I do not give private advice.

#6 Orymus3   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 10706

0Likes

Posted 29 January 2014 - 07:38 PM

Depending on the scope of your project, and the production level you intend to sustain, you could very well find decent freelancers.

I have a few acquaintances that have worked with this guy: http://fiverr.com/beufreecasse

He seems cheap, reliable and provides good insight. I've been provided with a sample report from an actual project, so you might even ask him that if you are unsure.

#7 Greg Quinn   Members   -  Reputation: 151

0Likes

Posted 16 February 2014 - 03:02 PM

Run a beta if you want free testing. Just post your game on forums (if you are allowed to, some forums don't like it), state you are specifically looking for feeback.)

But if you want proper, experienced testing you'll need to pay for it.

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS