• Create Account

We're offering banner ads on our site from just $5!

1. Details HERE. 2. GDNet+ Subscriptions HERE. 3. Ad upload HERE.

Sharing my 2D platformer demo

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
4 replies to this topic

#1 BrentChua   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 1066

Posted 29 January 2014 - 11:38 PM

Hi Guys,

Just wanted to share a little demo i made for a game programming class i teach in my local university. The class is about exploring game systems and architectures used in developing (2D) games.

I was nearing the end of the course's lecture and i felt a sudden urge to create a concrete example tying all the systems we have covered so far. This way the students will have a better understanding on how these systems interact with one another to form a whole game. Its not much but i think its enough to show its functionality and get their creativity flowing for their game project. 

Source and executable is included in the download link below. This was a quick and dirty implementation of the demo so i'm sure there's a ton of bugs and some poor OOP designs and gameplay code but this was just a demo i came up for 2 nights(mostly trying to get the basic collision/physics system to work). I'd like to continue working on this some more but that's the only time i've got. 

Enjoy!

Screenshot: 

platformer screen 2.jpg platformer screen.jpg Platformer screen 3.jpg

Link: https://mega.co.nz/#!ClgDQQLB!liGauqpSWu2QjTgRcPf2z1_c17a4wumVk0r06DTMo0A

Edited by BrentChua, 29 January 2014 - 11:46 PM.

Sponsor:

#2 Hawkblood   Members   -  Reputation: 725

Posted 03 February 2014 - 09:50 AM

Not sure this is the correct forum. Try [Community Iteraction]->[Your Announcements] You may get more responses there.... Not my genre, but someone should find it interesting.

#3 BrentChua   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 1066

Posted 04 February 2014 - 12:20 AM

Probably. But i'm not really announcing or promoting a game. More like a sample demo implementation for game programming. The framework developed isn't even for the platformer genre. Its just a generic framework surveying game systems; But it still handled it pretty well i think. Its not even a complete game. Its just a gameplay demo. But the intention was just to share the code used for the demo. Thank you for your feedback though.

#4 theweirdn8   Members   -  Reputation: 165

Posted 04 February 2014 - 04:55 AM

All the copyrights infringements!!!
[Agriduel]
Check out my nice little Farming Game that is MORE than just raising farm animals and crops..

#5 Eamock   Members   -  Reputation: 102

Posted 13 February 2014 - 07:32 PM

Interesting

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS