• Create Account

Game Mods

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
5 replies to this topic

#1 JohnnyUtah   Members   -  Reputation: 102

0Likes

Posted 01 February 2014 - 09:33 PM

I am trying to find a way to mod an old Sega Genesis game called Virtua Fighter 2. I would like to delete characters and alter their appearance. This game can be downloaded on console systems like Xbox 360. What are some methods to do this? What software is required? I am a complete newbie.

I appreciate any feedback and advice.

Sponsor:

#2 frob   Moderators   -  Reputation: 19766

1Likes

Posted 01 February 2014 - 09:44 PM

Console games are rarely designed for modding. The people who write mods for game cartridges often need to understand or reverse engineer the system's machine code. It is not a beginner level task.

Virtua Fighter 2 has been ported to many different platforms, so you might look to see if someone else has already done the work on an edition you have legal access to and has exposed an easy way to make the changes.
Check out my personal indie blog at bryanwagstaff.com.

#3 shadowisadog   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 2374

0Likes

Posted 01 February 2014 - 11:21 PM

You might be better off working with M.U.G.E.N

http://mugen.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Virtua_Fighter_2_Stages

#4 dejaime   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 3972

0Likes

Posted 02 February 2014 - 02:41 PM

You might be better off working with M.U.G.E.N

MUGEN has a limiting license, anything built over MUGEN needs to be non-commercial.
I don't know if it has support for any console systems.

Edited by dejaime, 02 February 2014 - 02:41 PM.

#5 shadowisadog   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 2374

0Likes

Posted 02 February 2014 - 03:38 PM

There is also http://sourceforge.net/projects/opensourcemugen/

If OP wants to mod Virtua Fighter 2 it is not like it can be sold anyway though.

#6 JohnnyUtah   Members   -  Reputation: 102

0Likes

Posted 02 February 2014 - 08:07 PM

I appreciate the feedback. I should clarify that this mod would be for personal use only.

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS